As of lately, I’ve been going through a lot of things and I find myself worrying a lot, so I’m just going to take the time out to share some of the tactics I came across that kind of helped me through the process of worrying too much. I hope it helps, because it helped me a lot. You’re not alone.
HOW TO STOP WORRYING
- Remind yourself that worrying doesn’t stop things happening. Things will happen — or not happen — anyway.
- Recognize that “What Ifs” don’t usually help with problem solving. It’s better to use logic, and brain storm for solutions. Take control of your emotions by using rational thinking.
- Motivate yourself by something other than worrying. Take a break and do something fun, and then go back to your work again. That positive approach will reap more benefits.
- Face your fears — and do the things that you worry about. The thought is often much worse than the actual thing you fear.
- Ask yourself ” What’s the worst thing that could happen? ” Then, “What are the chances that it will happen?” Then “Will you survive it, if it happens, in the end?” Usually, that helps to move us from an extreme and irrational way of thinking to a more realistic, and reasonable way of thinking.
- Teach yourself a range of relaxation strategies — and then concentrate on them instead of on your different fears. Or, adopt a mindful approach — and keep your focus on “right now”
I just want to add to this, that there is nothing wrong with worrying. But worrying does make you FEEL worse. Just remember that nothing lasts forever. The thing you’re going through, you’re going THROUGH it, it will end. I know it feels like the end of the world, and its sooo tough but you will make it through it. And day by day is the best way to take it. Just continue to talk about it to the people you love. I prefer people that can relate. People that will let you be in your feelings, not push you into a temporary different one. People that will let you be you in all stages. You don’t have to get over it any sooner than you feel necessary. The more you avoid it, the more you just brush it under the rug and never confront it, it will have a hold on you. Music helps. Be cautious of advice, but Listen anyway. Sometimes you have to listen to yourself because you know what is best for you. And you know what YOU want ultimately. Look at it from all sides, outweigh the good and bad. Act on instinct not on impulse, and think things out before making any drastic moves. Keep a positive outlook on the situation. Oh and PATIENCE. Patience is the hardest thing out of worrying. You want what will happen to happen already but for real, just let it play itself out. Whatever happens will happen on its own in due time, but give it the appropriate space it needs until you are fully ready to deal with it. BE STRONG. DON’T GIVE UP.
Oh here’s an inspirational song that I like! Very relevant to this topic I think. Very general.
You Be Alright by Music Soulchild. If you want to listen directly, here’s the link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORDIapqC5_A)
Thanks for reading! Stay UP! -Rach